19 thoughts on “Glowing Waves

1. I think that is awesome but they should call it “blue tide” because the blue at night seems more exciting than red water in daytime. I wonder how long it will last and if any marine wildlife will come because phytoplankton is edible by most animals I’m pretty sure.

2. Thats cool as but it would be better if it was green it would be cooler but i want to know how it works ?

3. That’s pretty cool. I would like to see those glowing waves, it’s strange how a sort of algae can do that just from movement. If the whole entire ocean glowed at night time then that would be epic >:D But I find it funny that someone took some of that sea water home and put it in their toilet so that their toilet would glow….

4. that is really cool. it would be cool if we could do the water in a bottle thing. But its in san diego.

5. i think that it would be awsome to see that because the neon blue waves going through the red waves

6. that’s so cool! but does that happen in San Diego only? Can’t those planktons go to different oceans and light them up? How awesome would it be if you were surfing and those waves showed?

7. this would be cooler if it was pink, but still it looks really good, i wonder how it does that!

8. I think that is pretty cool how the algae is red during the day but you can see it glow blue at the night because of the waves movements. But the algae is harmful posion to the animals there but there is no way we can stop it but at least it cannot hurt us. I think that its pretty awesome that those people collected the water into bottles and put it in the toilet so when they flushed it it turned blue that is awesome!

9. I think that it is kool that they found things like this because it look the best. I would of like to be the people that were there because it would of been a good experience!!!!!

10. I think this is pretty cool, I love the colours of the water, but I still think that it has been edited to look like this! I could easily edit and make a wave look like this! But it’s still pretty cool. 🙂

11. I think that it looks very good, but I think it’s fake, anyone could just take that picture and edit. I don’t believe it, but it’s still cool editing 🙂

12. That’s cool as.I wonder if there is some kind of natural chemical that has been released from the sea floor or something.If not it must be some lighting issue

13. It’s not edited guys! I’ve seen it and swam in it in Australia, looks red during the day but you can only see it at night when the water is moving. So it’s great to swim in at night!