A seriously ill society

Today’s response task.

Here is an article that I would really like you to read.
It is about a young girl, who was overlooked and walked around after being hit by a passing car.

I will know whether or not you have read this article as I want you to respond by showing me a few things.
I want you to comment on her plight.
I want you to comment on the situation she now finds her self in.

I want you to comment with empathy on her situation in the alley.
Finaly I want you to comment on the reasons why those people may have ignored her.
yue-yue-729-4-420x0

22 thoughts on “A seriously ill society

1. First of all you spelt “Finally’ wrong.

I can’t believe asian people did not help her they are so stupid and they are stereotypically the “smart people”. Why is she in the military hospital? I think that it would be terrible to be her and I think that not being able to have any operations is even worse.

2. I want you to comment on her plight:
    The situation was very dangerous, No child should be left wondering the streets. She’s lucky that she is still alive.

I want you to comment on the situation she now finds her self in:
    She found herself in a traumatic situation where should could have been killed. People are so cold hearted that they could run over a little girl. SHAME ON THEM!

I want you to comment with empathy on her situation in the alley:
    I feel really sorry for the little girl. I hope she survives and recoveres so that she can grow up and live a long healthy life.

3. That is horrible. That little girl got hit run over by a van then her legs were run over by a truck, and no one helped her for 7 minutes. For 7 minutes she was bleeding, with serious injuries, on the road. People just looked and veered around her and ignored her. Now she’s in a Coma and could be severely brain damaged. She couldn’t survive an operation if she had one and could die. Reasons why people may have ignored her like it stated though is that a while ago a man was prosecuted for helping an elderly lady who had fallen over, because apparently that is a government rule, BUT SERIOUSLY, a two year old girl bleeding on the road and only one person helped. I feel so sorry for that little girl ๐Ÿ™ People even stopped to look at her but did nothing.

4. I think that it is really bad and disgusting how first the van that hits her stops for a seconds then continues running her over again! And those people are sick and brainless who just ignore a bleeding baby on the ground! Even one guy on a scooter stops and clearly looks at the child before driving off! She is in a coma now and the hospital states that she is almost brain dead! All those people that ignored her and the drivers of the vans are as guilty of murder as if someone shot someone. Those citizens that ignored her may of ignored her maybe because they were in a rush or busy. But no job meeting or getting home for dinner can compare to helping a helpless bleeding child on the ground! I hope the child gets better and the people who ignored the child feel bad about themselves for their life! What has the world come to?

5. I can’t believe that people would just ignore the little girl that was just lying there and just drive past/over/around, couldn’t they see that she was in a dangerous situation, they couldn’t even call a hospital.
    Because of what happened she could end up brain dead, just because the drivers didn’t even pay attention for where they were driving, and passers-by couldn’t even try to help her.
    I think that if I was passing by than I would definitely stop to help her, or at least I would call for an ambulance or something.

6. Why would someone run over a toddler and not stop for her? If anything would you not stop to see if she is alright? She’s now in a coma and the doctors won’t perform surgery because she is close to brain death. It is sad that anyone would have to go through that, but for a toddler it is even worse, and then no one stops to help her.

7. The people in the video look fake like some of the people in it that walk past and the one’s that notice her. But still if its on the news it must be real. It is really mean that they did that, really mean. After all that to a small kid you would think she would be dead by now. Now she is in hospital probably almost dead, which is really sad. If some one had of just noticed her body on the ground, which they did, and had just done some thing about it, this situation probably wouldn’t be so bad right now.

8. I swear i would be sad if this was a cat or a dog but a little girl….. this proves that white vans are pure evil and everyone who owns white vans should be shot and raped

9. Shame on the people that walked past this poor little girl. The driver who hit should of came out of his van to see if the girl was okay before anymore harm happened to her. So thanks to the stupid driver and the stupid public this girl is now brain dead.

I want you to comment on her plight:

Her bad luck? im sure that a 2 year old wouldn’t know how to survive in the streets alone. She wouldn’t of known that the car was going to hit her. If its anyones bad luck it should be the drivers that hit her. The poor thing didn’t know what was going on. Yet you still expect a 2YEAR OLD to know what to do in life.

She would be struggling to breath her brain cant send messages to her body like it used to. Her skull is still not completely strong and stiff. There was no chance that her title head could of survived that. By the look of the video life is going o be a challenge for her. I dont know how her family can feel at the moment. It must be so tough.

10. That is so sad, I cant believe they just walked by really 18 people walked past and nothing and she was only moved when a lady to be believed to take the rubbish away. I just want to know where was her mother/father and why was she alone for so long. And why is she in the military hospital she should be in a children hospital and be able to have operation to help her walk again. I also agree with Marc, with the people look fake in the video some of them, but I hope she gets better.

11. I think this is really sad because they just ran over her and they didn’t even care and then the 18 people that passed her and didnt help her that is dog. That proves that 1 in 18 people in china care about others, that is really really bad. Now she is going to spend years but she couldn’t even leave because she could die it is that bad.

12. I think that it is really stupid that all those people that walked past here and didn’t even help the girl or that they didn’t even stop to ask they just left her there in the middle of the street

13. Yueyue is nearly close to brain dead and they can’t do any operations on her because she won’t survive them.
    Because she is nearly close to brain dead she could die because you need a brain to make your body work.
    This is sad because she might have had a better chance of surviving if those people that walked past her took her to hospital.
    Maybe those people that walked by her didn’t do anything because they were to shocked or they didn’t know what to do.

14. i canโ€™t believe that people would just ignore the little girl that was just lying there and just drive past/over/around her, couldn’t they she she was in danger?
    she found herself in a traumatic situation where she could have been killed.
    i feel really sorry for the little girl, and give her all my love .. hehehe ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Okay, what’s a two year old doing all alone in the back of a shop? It said that she was suppose to be playing with her brother.. where’s the brother?
    I hope she doesn’t die. She’s only two years old. She still has alot to live for..
    Some people in this world are heartless… i mean put yourself in that position.. if you see your daughter on the street, practically bleeding to death, wouldn’t you rush to her and call the ambulance? Seriously..
    People could’ve ignored her because of the thing that happened like what the article said. ‘a man who tried to help an elderly woman after she fell over was prosecuted, apparently because his intervention broke government rules on dealing with accident victims.’ maybe they didn’t want to be prosecuted or they didn’t use their common sense.. just sayin’ …

16. comment on her plight. I think this is horrible
    comment on the situation she now finds her self in. she is brain dead.
    comment with empathy on her situation in the alley. this is horrible
    comment on the reasons why those people may have ignored her. they are idiots

17. I can’t believe how bad this was. First the driver ran over the kid. Then he just kept on driving. Then a second truck ran over the kid and I have to say that the driver had to notice the person but he just ran over her too. Then to make matters worse, all these people just ignored her. What kind of sick people are these. I saw in the video that some of the people looked at her. I just can’t believe the all happened.

18. This one of the most horrible things ever, that’s so cruel.
    and they wouldn’t even call any ambulance or police?

19. I want you to comment on her plight. She has found herself in hospital, in a critical situation.
    I want you to comment on the situation she now finds her self in. She finds herself in hospital brain dead. ๐Ÿ™

I want you to comment with empathy on her situation in the alley. I feel that she is only 2 years old, and people didn’t care about even thinking to help her, until the 19th person helped her as she was going past…
    Finaly I want you to comment on the reasons why those people may have ignored her. Maybe they thought she was dead, and someone had just dumped her body or something like that and thats not really a excuse, and they only care about themselves no one else because most of them must be selfish… !

20. I can’t begin to imagine how horrible it would be to be brain dead or being hit by a van
    I have no idea why those people passed by. it’s not like they didn’t see her.I guess they just don’t have any souls
    I really feel for this little girl